How is it already half way through this year!?! It's June tomorrow! Happy June eve. Or as I've decided to call it, Junebalations. Because it's my birth month. Although pretty much everyone knows I don't celebrate my birthday.
May was amazing, I really liked May this year, BUT... Life is all about moving forward...
I'm setting some intentions for the month. Not goals, but intentions. I mean (hippy moment comin' at you), whatever is supposed to happen WILL happen, and I really have no choice in the matter, but this is just me telling the universe, "this stuff would be cool, but if you have other ideas then that's cool too."
- Relax more - I just ran my marathon and I'll just be starting my next marathon prep/plan on June 5th but I do NOT need to go hard right off the bat because my endurance is still in great shape. Relaxing also includes wine, enjoying good food and getting lots of rest
- Spend more time outside - huge downside of living in a basement is that I don't see the sun much and if I'm busy doing house stuff or work stuff I don't get outside very much, so my intention is to spend more time outside. This includes hiking, camping, fishing and of course running, also kinda goes with the above intention as well
- **Do something that scares me every day**- my favourite thought/mindset lately is: "what would you do if you weren't afraid?" A lot of things make me afraid or anxious and this month I'm going to tackle one every day. I don't mean play with a spider or run into oncoming traffic, I mean I intend to do something I normally wouldn't do or something I'm apprehensive about trying. For example, I'm going to try trail running, open my heart up (a little bit, and very cautiously? Maybe? Not sure about this one yet, but I guess that's the point) and who knows what else! I'm open to anything. You got a challenge for me universe?? Throw it at me!
- Spend more time with the people I love- This is self-explanatory, right?
- Kiss a little more, think a little less - I actually just have this song stuck in my head, I don't think this will actually happen. Mainly the kissing part, I can try to think less??
- Practice mindful and intuitive eating - I've been working on this one for a while and I'm going to keep working at it. I'm trying to pay attention to my hunger cues and how I feel rather than eating or restricting based on what I think I SHOULD or SHOULDN'T eat. This is tricky but rewarding. It's just very hard to unlearn calories, grams of macro nutrients or amounts of each that I've previously decided I needed. If you want to know more about this, THIS is a great article on it.
- SPEED WORK - This is entirely running based. Glenmore athletic park with become my friend.
- STRENGTH TRAIN - Also entirely speed based. This is hugely my marathon prep focus for June.
Everyone reading this can hold me to this and can even play universe and throw challenges at me. It's Junebalations, anything is possible.